My First Time Using Google Sites
Until this week, I had never used Google Sites before. I needed to build a website for my graduate portfolio, so I explored several options, including Wix, Canva Sites, Google Sites, and a few others. I ultimately chose Google Sites because its format felt simple, organized, and well-suited for what I wanted to create.
I enjoyed learning how to arrange the pages, display my graduate projects, and make the site feel personal while still keeping it professional. As I became more familiar with the platform, I was able to create a clear space that represents my professional background, program competencies, and growth throughout the program.
This experience connected with Salomon’s (2016) point that the educational rationale should guide the use of technology. Google Sites gave me a practical way to organize and present my work with a clear purpose. I finished the portfolio last night, and it was rewarding to see everything from my graduate program come together in one complete website.
Reference
Salomon, G. (2016). It’s not just the tool but the educational rationale that counts. In E. Elstad (Ed.), Educational technology and polycontextual bridging (pp. 149–161). Sense Publishers.

Comments
Post a Comment